Tuesday 6 December 2016

Blogmas Day 6 - Christmas Decoration Eseentials


Blogmas Day 6

Hey, so with December in full swing, it’s time for you and me to start decorating, so I thought I would share with you not only what I am using to decorate my house but also my essentials for Christmas decoration:

Christmas Tree – so if you don’t have a Christmas tree at Christmas then to be honest I don’t even know what you are doing with your life because it’s not Christmas without a tree layered with tinsel, fairy lights and baubles and I think that this year I am going to attempt having three Christmas trees each with different themes, and yes this may be slightly over the top but to be honest when it comes to Christmas what else can you be.

Greenery or holly along the bannisters - just imagine it now, walking down the stairs in your Christmas pyjamas with your mug in your hand, with greenery along the bannisters with baubles and fairy lights all through the greenery, not only is this lovely to have in your home but it is also so fun to put up with your friends and or family and surprisingly it is really relaxing, who wouldn’t love this in their house.

Fairy Lights – over the past few days I have been putting up all the fairy lights I could possibly find in my house and to be honest I just love being surrounded by the lights, this sounds really childish but it’s like being surrounded by hundreds of stars and nothing makes me feel more happy or festive than that, I also think it goes without saying you just have to have fairy lights around your house at Christmas, it’s just the rules of the universe.

Candles – now who doesn’t love a good Christmas candle to get them in the holiday spirit, I think why I love candles so much is not just because they smell amazing, it’s because I have such great memories associated with certain smells and certain candles so this means if I have one of my favourite candles burning it will remind me of all the good memories I have had over the years and it just reminds you about the people you love and spend Christmas with each year.

Bowls of pinecones and candied oranges – so I could literally spend hours listening to Christmas music and sitting next to one of these bowls with a hot chocolate watching a Christmas film on my sofa, just imagine it *sigh of happiness*, because this creates such an amazing smell in the house and I find it so fun to arrange and even make candied oranges with a friend, so if you like me go over the top on Christmas decorations I would recommend this.

Vases of red and silver glittered fake twigs – if you don’t like sparkly, glittery, shimmery and also slightly messy things that are Christmassy that you can display around your houses in vases, than firstly we would probably not get along but this is not for you, but jokes aside these are just really fun DIY decorations and although they are slightly messy with silver and red glitter everywhere, I think that they worth it but it’s your choice obviously.

I hope you enjoyed this and let me know how you decorating your house this Christmas. Let me know of anything you would like me to talk about in another future post. That’s all for now,

Bella xxx

Message me:

Twitter and Instagram - @BellaDBlog


My other website – www.bellacd.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment