Blogmas Day 16
Hey, so with December moving on with not many sleeps until Christmas left, I love to warm up with a mug of hot chocolate and some Christmas style peppermint brownies, so I thought that I would share with you this recipe and I hope you enjoy making and trying them:
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
6 oz. dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
½ cup (4 oz.) unsalted butter
¾ cup (5¼ oz.) granulated sugar
¼ cup (2 oz.) light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
⅔ cup (2¾ oz.) all-purpose flour
½ cup mint chips
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line with parchment and lightly grease an 8x8” baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
3. Put the chocolate and butter in a large glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth. Add the sugars. Whisk until completely combined. The mixture should be room temperature.
4. Add 2 eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and peppermint extracts and stir. Do not overbeat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.
5. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula (not a whisk), fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible. Fold in the Andes mint chips. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool brownies completely.
7. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cutting into 16 equal squares with a very sharp knife.
I hope you enjoyed this and let me know if you like them. Let me know of anything you would like me to talk about in another future post. That’s all for now,
Twitter and Instagram - @BellaDBlog
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
My Other Website – www.bellacd.blogspot.com