Sunday 11 September 2016

Back to school advice


Hey, so a lot of people, including me, will either be going back to school or have already gone back to school and I always get so stressed about going back to school in the new academic year especially when it got to more important years so I thought I would share with you some of my tips for keeping as calm as possible for school:

Be Prepared

I know that it sounds really stupid but for me, having everything ready means that you have one less thing to worry about and you don’t have to panic about being ready for your lessons, be as prepared as possible and don’t be ashamed to go crazy over stationary, I do that too don’t worry. So before any and every day of school, at least the night before have your pencil case and all the equipment you need for it and any books or uniform needed ready because then at least you will actually be ready for school.

Don’t Overthink

Now, it’s really easy to start spiralling because of how much you are either worrying or stressing out about work or what could happen in school. The thing is the more you think about what could possibly happen then that’s all you are going to be able to think about and you will not be able to calm down and it will just get worse and worse so the best thing to do is don’t overthink anything and even don’t think about it at all. It is really important that you stay calm before you start school again.

Be On Time

For me, the worst thing possible is to not be organised or to be late to something, this means that I get stressed and worried and I forget other things as well which can only make the situation worse at a time when you need to be as calm as possible. So you just have to plan ahead and make sure that you are as on time as possible. Not only will it leave one less thing to worry about and being late on the first day or being on time can leave an impression for the teachers for the whole year, so be on time!

Feel Confident

Now, I know that absolutely everyone says this but it is really important to try and not be scared because fear means that you are nervous which means that you are more likely to get something wrong or if you are like me you are more likely to do something embarrassing which will make you feel more self-conscious and for me it makes me feel a lot more stressed, so when you go to your first class or you walk through the door try to feel as confident as possible and then maybe one day you could be that confident more often.

Don’t Care About What Other People Think

For me, this is one of the hardest things that I try to do in everyday life, I am constantly worrying what other people think of me and this means that I never really feel like I can relax or be myself because I’m worried that people will not like who I really am, but you can’t let things like this distract for what is really important. And really if you think about it who cares what other people think, if people don’t like you then why bother thinking about it, don’t ever think about changing for other people.

Concentrate

Now you may think that this might not be important on your first day or the start of the year but, and I hate to sound like a teacher but it is important to start concentrate and working at your best from day one. Trust me the more you concentrate the better you will do and it definitely will pay off in the future. Even if you think that some things might not be important or you get bored in a lesson, trust me, we have all been there, you still have to concentrate as much as possible.

I hope that this helps you and good luck with school. Let me know of anything you would like me to talk about in another future post. Thats all for now,

Bella xxx

Message me:

Twitter and Instagram - @BellaDBlog

Email izzycdurrant@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment