Winter is upon us! This morning I woke up and I was absolutely freezing and although the winter season is incredible for all the Christmas fun but it can be quite tough on the skin and other things like that, because of this there are a lot of things that you need in the winter time, sorry to anyone who has summer at Christmas time. So the winter essentials are:
- A scarf to shield your neck from the cold and to keep you warm, also it adds something to your outfit, I particularly like red tartan scarves and they are also very suitable for winter.
- Tissues because in the cold weather you are very likely to get ill so tissues which are kind to your skin to keep handy for any cold emergencies that may happen.
- What is Christmas without some Christmas decorations to help you get into the festive spirit? Be sure to pick up something with a Christmas quote to put on your wall or an ornament to Christmas up your house or just your room.
- Fairy lights are an essential to give you an extra ounce of light in the dark time of the year and to add to the festive aura of your room, either go with shapes on the fairy lights or the lights on their own.
- Although it is essential most of the year, a fluffy dressing gown is really helpful to keep the cold out and to have something to wrap around you in the cold mornings.
- Thick socks or slippers to keep your feet warm because I don’t know about you but my feet are the first body parts to get cold and I find the cold completely unbearable so wrap your feet up and you can even get festive socks.
- An advent calendar is crucial for a Christmas chocolate every day or a beauty product each day to get you excited for each next day and counting down the days till Christmas.
- Fill the air with the sound of Christmas with a Christmas playlist full of old and new Christmas songs to keep the festive floating around in the air surrounding you to keep you happy.
- Food at Christmas is essential like cookies, muffins, pigs in blankets, mince pies, turkey so make sure to stock your cupboards because at Christmas no one is careful with what they eat.
- Even if it is just a little one, a Christmas tree is absolutely essential for your home to add a Christmas sparkle and to let father Christmas put his gift to you under, add lights, tinsel, beads and baubles for the best one possible.
- Christmas movies are perfect to cuddle up in a cove of Christmas pillows and comforters and watch but still keep you in the festive spirit, keep you happy and keep the Christmas spirit alive.
- A hot drink, this will keep you warm inside and you can even add spices to make them extra perfect for the Christmas time, I saw a great post on Christmas drinks called Christmas in a mug at kateandelle.blogspot.com so go check that out for a great recipe.
I hope you enjoyed this list I’m sure there are many more to add to the list and please feel free to comment those or anything else down below. I also will be going into more detail of some of these things so get ready for those and I also will be writing a beauty related version so stay tuned for that. Please tune in tomorrow for another post. That’s all for now,