Sunday 12 June 2016

My Top 10 Drugstore Lip Products


Hey, so recently I have done a couple of top 5 drugstore product posts and I wanted to do one of lip products but because there is such a range of different lip products, I’ve decided to do top 10 drugstore lip products and I have put my favourite colours in brackets, warning there are lots of Revlon and Rimmel products:

Revlon Colourburst lip butters (in 001 Pink Truffle and 027 Juicy Papaya) – these give sheer colour pigmentation to the lips while keeping all soft and smooth which make them as moisturising as a lip balm, the first colour is a brown toned pink nude that you could wear anywhere and the second colour is an orangey pink and this such a great summer colour, but overall these are so moisturising and perfect for people with dry lips.

Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipsticks (01) – these lipsticks are the most moisturising things in the world with such great colour and staying power and this might be weird but I absolutely love the smell and I would recommend any of these lipsticks and the colour 01 is a really deep solid red which would be perfect for Christmas.

Superdrug, the little moisturising blue stick – the is probably the only lip balm I trust, it moisturises my lips in seconds and it’s the only lip balm I’ve tried that actually works, I know a lot of people like the Nivea lip balm but I find that it melts really easily so if you don’t have a Superdrug you could buy that but to be honest the Superdrug is not only cheaper but I think that it is a lot better.

Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm (105 Demure Réservée) – this is such nice touch of colour for the lips with some shimmer, I think what I like most about this is how easily they can be applied and how buildable the colour can be from sheer to very bold, they also even smell like mint which is just an added positive and the colour I have chosen is such a subtle shimmer on the lips, I would 100% recommend these.

Rimmel London 1000 Kisses Lip Pencil (011 Spice) – these pencils literally make lipstick stay for absolutely hours longer and keep the lipstick colour looking completely opaque, they are also really easy to apply even if you’re not so great at lip lining, the only reason that I have chosen this colour is because it’s my most used lip pencil because it’s a dark brown-toned pink like most of my lipsticks are.

L’Oreal Paris Matte Max Lipstick (001 Silcencio) – so these are quite new and although I find it quite hard to get a precise outline, they leave a great matte finish on the lips, the colour can range from medium opaque colour to a buildable opaque colour, the colour I chose is a medium brown toned pink which I am completely obsessed with, I cannot wait until they have more shades and I can’t wait to get some other shades.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (025 Sky Line Pink) – so I honestly love every single one of the Revlon lip products but the lipsticks are definitely me favourite because they all leave such a nice colour that lasts for such a long time and they are so moisturising, I really like this shade as well it is so subtle but gives your lips moisturise and gives them such a subtle nude colour.

Clinique Chubby Stick, Moisturising Lip Colour Balm (13 Mighty Mimosa) – so yes these aren’t 100% drugstore and they are more expensive than anything else and the Revlon lacquer balms are a great dupe for these but honestly they are the same but the Clinique chubby sticks are more moisturising and leave a more opaque colour.

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick (077 Asia) – so I know that I have already mentioned the Kate Moss versions of these lipsticks and they are practically the same, these are a lot more moisturising I think and the colour range is so much wider, and I also prefer this packaging but the normal lipsticks don’t have the same smell as the Kate Moss lipsticks, anyway, the colour that I chose is a purple toned brown that honestly I just love.

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip colour (I think flirtation – it doesn’t say on the tube) – this leaves the perfect matte finish which doesn’t dry out the lips, the only things I would say is don’t add too much product at once and they do take a little while to dry but they honestly smell like macaroons so I can’t complain but honestly this nude brown colour looks really good on all skin tones but especially paler skin tones and darker skin tones.

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you want me to do individual lip products in the future in top 5s. Let me know of anything you would like me to talk about in another future post. That’s all for now,

Bella xxx

Message me:

Twitter and Instagram - @BellaDBlog
Email – izzycdurrant@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment