Saturday 26 December 2015

Bubble and Squeak Recipe


Hey, so first of I hope you all had a great Christmas but I’m sure like me you still have tons of food left so I thought that I would share with you my bubble and squeak recipe:


Preparation time: 10 minutes

Cooking time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

1 tbsp duck fat, goose fat or butter

4 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped

I onion, finely sliced

1 garlic clove, chopped

15-20 cooked Brussels sprouts, sliced, or leftover boiled cabbage, shredded

400g cold leftover mashed potato, or cold crushed boiled potatoes

Method:

-Melt the fat in a non-stick pan, allow it to get nice and hot, then add the bacon. As it begins to brown, add the onion and garlic.

-Next, add the sliced sprouts or cabbage and let it colour slightly. All this will take 5-6 mins.

-Next, add the potato.

-Work everything together in the pan and push it down so that the mixture covers the base of the pan

-Allow the mixture to catch slightly on the base of the pan before turning it over and doing the same again.

-It’s the bits of potato that catch in the pan that define the term ‘bubble and squeak’, so be brave and let the mixture colour. Cut into wedges and serve.
 
I hope you enjoyed bubble and squeak recipe, if you know of any other ideas that people could use then please feel free to leave them in the comments below, come back on New Year’s Eve for another post. That’s all for now,

Bella xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment